SAFE HARBOR UNITED METODIST CHURCH
Job Description: Director of worship ministry
Part-time position (estimated 5 to 10 hours a week) focused on leading worship including leading the congregational worship and working with praise team at Safe Harbor UMC.
Responsible to: SPR Committee/ Pastor
Annual Job Review: Spring
Job Expectations: Applicant is expected to:
- Have a heart for worship and want to lead others in worshipping our Lord and Savior
- Be committed to Safe Harbor UMC as more than just an employee doing a job
- Lead Music for Sunday morning worship service(s)
- Lead Music in singing for special worship service(s)
i.e. Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, etc.
- Select music for worship service(s) in consultation with worship team and pastor, will have authority in selecting and lead music in a manner consistent with traditional Christian values
- Plan special music for worship service(s) – set up a weekly special – choir, praise team, solo etc.
- Lead Music rehearsal
- Support Children’s music ministry
- Plan, practice and direct special music for Easter and/or Christmas
- Attend Ministry Staff meetings
- Additional Requirements or duties: requests made by Pastor for the care and support of the ministry.
Applicant must be:
- Strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Committed to the values and vision of SHUMC.
- Team orientated and able to work well with others. Have a cheerful demeanor.
- Strong organizational, creative, oral, and written communication skills.
Experience in leading worship and/ or Music degree
Experience leading a praise band
Ability to play an instrument is a plus
Able to read music and direct a choir a plus not required
Salary: dependent on applicant experience
Vacation: 2 Sundays and 2 Wednesdays off each year.
It is the Employee’s responsibility to find a person to fill in for them.
If interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org care of Stephen DeAngelo SPR Chairperson